Sunday, February 21, 2010

Leah's 4th Birthday Party

Now most people right about now would be saying something like, "wow, I can't believe my baby is 4 years old! Where has the time gone?". This is not the case with Leah. Not because I don't love her. Not at all. But because I feel like ever since she was a baby, she has seemed "older" to me somehow. I can't really figure out why, but she always has. And honestly, half the time I keep thinking she is starting kindergarten in the Fall. But nope, she still has another year of preschool.

Anyway, for Leah's fourth birthday, we decided to keep it small. I told her she could invite two friends (like we did with Ashlyn when she turned four) and that we'd go do something special that we couldn't do with a large group. We talked it over and decided that since Leah LOVES to have her nails painted, that it would be fun to go to a nail salon with her friends. Then she decided that Wendy's would be a good place for lunch, cake, and present opening. The happy day arrived and Leah could NOT have been more excited. She picked out the perfect outfit and told me how to fix her hair, and we were off. We picked up her friends while Daddy took Ashlyn to get her friend, Grace. We met up at the salon where each girl got to pick their own nail polish color. They gave them the full treatment with cuticle trimming, filing, hand massage, and paint job. Then they topped it off with flowers on their thumbs (and hearts for the "big" girls, a.k.a. Ashlyn and Grace). There was a cute little pet shop next door, so we stopped off there to see the bunnies and other animals and then headed across the parking lot to Wendy's, where there was none other than Wendy herself, there to greet us. Now I don't think Wendy's gets very many birthday parties because they were SO hospitable and seemed kind of excited to have us there. Wendy took care of our every need and they even gave us a discount. The girls all ate, we sang Happy Birthday, had cake (and Frosty's), opened presents and then called it a day. I think Leah had a lot of fun and I hope she felt special.


Waiting for it to be time to leave.


Here we are, at the nail salon with Ashlynn and Darby (the two friends she chose to invite. Both of whom are older than her, which didn't surprise me at all. She doesn't have very many friends her age.)






Ashlyn and Grace were ready for their turn after the littler girls.



Grace was an old pro, this being her THIRD manicure in her short little life of 6 years. I think I was at least 16 before I ever got one and I know my Aunt was in her 30's before she got one. It's a new generation I guess.


Leah with "Wendy".



Paul was on Brandon control the whole morning. It worked out quite well because my friend Tina ended up coming with me since her husband was taking her boys to another bday party that day. Tina was a great help and fun to have around. Sorry I got no pictures of ya girl! You're the best. I totally owe ya.


Here's the birthday "cup"cake.


Blowing out the candles. It took probably four or five tries. I don't think she has to worry about her wish not coming true though. She starting blowing as soon as the song ended. I don't think she stopped to make one.




She scored in the dress up clothes department. Her favorite thing to do. She changes usually 4 or 5 times a day.


Her Princess Tiana dress from mom and dad. Thanks again Becky for helping me get that discount. It was SO worth it. She LOVES the dress.


Giving thank you hugs to all her friends.



And here's the princess in all her glory. I love you little Leah Peah. You may cause your mommy some grief, but I sure love you lots and wouldn't trade you for anything. Happy Birthday!

Birthday interview to follow. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Jackie said...

SOOOO CUTE! What a good mom you are! I am positive Leah felt like she was on the top of the world.

RachelAA said...

OH MY GOSH, I am stealing this idea - how very cute they are, and all grown up. So cute!!!! And I love your shirt :)

Jamie said...

So cute! Leah looks so much like you!

tphillips said...

the girls were so cute...it was fun. And I'm pretty sure you owe me nada since you allowed me to invade your home while I was locked out of my house. I'm still craving those no bake cookies...thanks a lot. :)

Renee said...

Very cute! You are such a good mom. It's a good idea to for something small but big at the same time. I just might do that for Payton next year since she had her big bday.

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Leah. Oh how I remember when you were born. Time flies! I will seriously always think of her this time of year when we are celebrating our little ones birthdays.

And the cake looks AMAZING!!!!

Kristen said...

she looks so much like you! just with paul's coloring!

Carrie L said...

What a great mom you are! And Leah is a doll!

Rojahn Family said...

darling little Leah-lady...Happy Big girl Birthday!