Paul and a friend of his from work, Phil, decided a few months back to put an art show together at work including all the people in the modeling department, of which he is a part of. It's pretty cool that Dreamworks encourages their employees to do things like this and helps them with the set up and everything. They even had an opening night where anyone can come and view the exhibit.
Anyway, basically anyone from the modeling department could submit their own art work for display in the show. Paul doesn't have a lot of time to do his art like he'd like to, but occasionally at night he will find some time to work on some digital painting, while I sit in the chair next to him and talk his ear off. He's been working on a book with his mom for years, which he keeps redoing as he gets better and better at his skill. I'm so proud of him for all he's done. Not only is he an amazing 3D modeler, he is also a very talented hand drawn artist and digital painter. The art show opened last night and went off with a bang. So many people were there and gave him and his friend, Phil, many high praises for organizing it so well. Below are some of the entries.
Kull Shin creates sculptures out of wire. I like how the birds go all up the wall and onto the ceiling.
Bronze sculptures from Haeng Sook. I love how expressive they are.
Photography from Sean Choi.
Abstract art from Phil Zucco.
A shot of part of the hallway exhibit. It's not a huge gallery, but they had a good 15 entries I think.
The rest is some of Paul's work he put on display. He was smart and got a large digital frame where he uploaded some of his work and it rotated through a bunch of different stuff. He only took a few pictures though.
These are two pictures from his book in progress. The bottom one is my favorite.

This is a helicopter he modeled and did a tutorial for an art school located here in LA. They sell his DVD to students now. It's pretty cool he has something published. Really great for his portfolio. It was a brutal year on the family though, since he did it at the same time as having a full time job. I don't think he'll be doing anymore. hehe....
Here's a shot toward the end of the evening. Paul said the hallway was so crowded at one point that there was hardly any walking room.
Then they had all the entries sign their name and put where they are from. Definitely a diverse group of talented artists. Way to go honey!!! I'm SO SO proud of you.

11 comments:
how fun! I have never seen Paul's work and it is amazing!
what a talented husband! and a nice guy to boot!
That is so awesome! He is very talented!
awesome!!
That is unbelievable!! I love the dragon with slippers! I want the book now. when he's done i'll be first in line. Paul, you are incredibly talented! We love you!!!
That's awesome! (I've heard Dreamworks is a great place to work. Hmm...do they have any openings for my hubby? Hee hee.) Paul sure has some fun stuff! I love that he's doing a book with his mom! : )
Very impressive and talented.
GREAT JOB PAUL. I AM SOOOO...... PROUD OF YOU. YOUR POP
wow, Amber, how cool is this! Andy would love to see these. i love watching Andy do all this stuff too. it's crazy how much time and intelligence all the modeling, texturing/painting takes! Good job, Paul!
Wow that is so cool. You wnt to know something funny. Anytime Kung Fu Panda comes on, she has to tell someone (whether its a friend, or me) that she knew who "made" the movie. How she remembers that...I dont know.
Fantastic talents. Paul, you are such a talented artist. I hope you finish that book soon. I love the monsters you displayed.
Dana
Post a Comment