Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Conversation with Ashlyn

On the way to school this morning,

Ashlyn: "Mom, you didn't have paper when you were a kid right?"

Me: "Of course we had paper. How old do you think I am?"

Ashlyn: "Oh, I thought you didn't. Okay, well I don't think you had phones".

Me: "Yes, we did have phones."

Ashlyn: "Hm....Ok, well, I know you couldn't pause TV".

Me: "You got me there Ashlyn. No we couldn't pause live TV. BUT we could pause the VCR".

Ashlyn: "What's a VCR?"

hahahaha.......

9 comments:

Laurie Nguyen said...

Cute conversation! However, when I was her age, there weren't VCRs. I remember when they were introduced.

Jenn said...

haha that's awesome!!

RachelAA said...

Brilliant!

embot said...

that's so funny! Owen found one of Doug's grandpa's cameras and asked if it was 'on' so he could take a picture. I told him it was always on but you needed to have film.

"no you don't, mom. It's not a movie camera."

Sydney said...

Thats hilarious!!!!

Sydney said...

Thats hilarious!!!!

Carlie said...

Classic! What a cutie.. and Ashlyn's pretty cute too! :0)

Dana said...

That's hilarious. Maybe she thought she was talking to me.... mom

Michelle said...

This is great! It really did make me laugh out loud!