Ashlyn has been BEGGING for probably two summers to PLEASE have a lemonade stand. I will be honest, I have NO interest in doing one. I know, that's terrible of me, but it's the truth. Luckily, Paul is nicer than me though, and the girl FINALLY got to have one.
It worked out nicely since this past Saturday we went up to visit my Aunt and Uncle in Ventura for a little family get together for Ashlyn's birthday. We met at a great park overlooking the ocean. So we figured, why not bring a few containers of lemonade and set up shop? Paul helped Ashlyn make a poster, while I was in charge of getting the lemonade and the quarters for change.
The surprising (and not so surprising) thing was that Ashlyn was too darn shy to approach anyone to ask them to buy her lemonade. Lucky for her that her sister and BF (Grace) came to the rescue. And they made enough money to each earn 7 quarters(some of which, I admit, came from family purchases, but still). Not bad for their first lemonade stand.
6 comments:
My kids are always asking too and I'm like you. I have no desire to do it. Good for Paul. Jared would probably do the same. Those dads are sometimes more fun I'd have to admit.
Aw, I would buy lemonade from her. Lately whenever I go to our park down the street there is always a kid with a lemonade stand. I think it's cute. It's like their first job. What a little entrepreneur.
Not a bad location for a first time :) The dad's always give in!!
I remember my first lemonade stand!! that is so fun!! and thank goodness for sisters and bff's :D
AWWW that is so cute!!! How fun for them!
I hope they saved some lemonade for the lemonade queen!!!
That's awesome.
Post a Comment