This was actually from a few weeks ago, but I had to document the first time Carter went to the pool. I was a little nervous for him because for some reason our pool isn't heated right now. They usually start heating it on Memorial Day. But thankfully it wasn't too chilly as the sun has already warmed it up quite a bit.
The initial shock into the water wasn't that exciting for Carter, but once he got comfy in his little floaty, he really started enjoying it. He loves to splash in the water and twirl around. It's quite nice for me to have him like the water. I can float around him and play with the girls and he just stays content. He'll last for about an hour to an hour and a half, which is perfect timing because much longer than that and my girls start to get burnt (even with sunscreen on).
Notice Brandon is not in any of the pictures. Yeah, that's because he STILL doesn't like the pool. He prefers to spend his time on the sidelines with his super soakers. He'll occasionally get his feet wet and will sometimes sit in the hot pool for a bit, but other than that, he won't get in.
It looks like I'm getting after Brandon in this picture. Probably telling him to stop running or something like that. Ha...pretty funny! I spend a lot of time doing that. Silly boy.
3 comments:
Brandon sounds like Riley. I guess he didn't like the water for the LONGEST time! I would way rather have a timid pool child than an adventurous one:) And once again, you keep on impressing me. The thought of even taking just Cali and Ava to the pool alone gives me nightmares. I always have to have help. You are a super mom:)!!
Maybe Carter can give Ryder some lessons. We tried the pool this weekend and he was not impressed, although tolerated it as long as Tyler or I held him. We didn't even try the floatie thing. Maybe he and Brandon can play while the rest of us swim :)
SO cute!! you look so good, btw. love your suit!
Post a Comment