Thursday, July 21, 2011

Me and my little Ashlyn

(...and Carter too). Have I mentioned how much I love this girl? I do. She's like the greatest kid a mom could ask for. She's good and sweet and helpful and adorable. And the older she gets, the more fun she is to just hang out with. This summer, while Brandon and Leah have been having a blast at summer camp on Tuesday and Thursday, me and Ashlyn have been having some good quality mommy/daughter (plus Carter) time. We go to lunch just about every time. Sometimes we run errands or go to the park, sometimes we hit the mall for some shopping, and sometimes we do super fun stuff like go to Chuck E. Cheese, which is what we did today. It's cheaper to buy more tokens at a time, so I got 90, thinking I'd save some for next month when I plan to take all four kids. But Ashlyn was pretty much loving not having to share, so she used them all. Haha! We got there pretty early. No one else was there at first. It was pretty awesome. She went from game to game just raking in the tickets. I followed her around some, followed Carter around some, and then we had some lunch (chuck e cheese style). It was really fun! I'm going to miss our days together. They are going to end in a couple of weeks and then school will be starting and I'll go back to feeling like I hardly ever see this cutie! 



Carter got to ride a few rides too! He wasn't quite sure how he felt about it.




This was her jackpot of the day! One token and she got 50 tickets.


Riding the "rollercoaster" together.



Most of the time Carter crawled around and played with all the blinking lights.



Ashlyn pretty much hates me taking pictures of her all the time. She knows I'll put them on my blog. I just keep telling her that someday she will be so glad I have them.
You can tell she's just humoring me in this shot. She's thinking, really mom? Do you really have to take a picture of me while I'm eating too? Yes, as a matter of fact I do, so get over it! Haha.


Carter is at that "lovely" stage where it's fun to drop toys and watch other people pick them up. We did this over and over and over! Oh well...it kept him entertained while we ate.


Ok so I know some people are totally grossed out by Chuck E Cheese. Feel like it's a germ fest and all. But honestly, I have to give props to the one in our Valley. It's pretty darn clean. They have hand sanitizer all around and an employee was even walking around cleaning games and equipment when we first got there. With a ladder even to reach the McDonald's type play structure. I was impressed! And they upgraded the pizza since I've last been there. It was good.

And as a random side note: Today was the last day of swim lessons for the summer. Hooray for my wonderful husband who took them each morning. I'm really digging the 8 am class (not sure if he is, but he never complained cuz he's awesome like that). The girls did FANTASTIC! Leah passed level 2 and will start level 3 next summer which means a pool upgrade. She is VERY excited! This past session Ashlyn was in her first round of level 4. And she almost passed it. Her teacher was so impressed that it was the first time she had been in level 4. I'm betting she'll be in level 5 before the end of next summer! I'm so proud of my girls. 

No comments: