Wednesday, August 24, 2011

IRIS

Last Friday night I got to go on the most amazing date with my hubby to see the Cirque De Soleil show at the Kodak Theater in Hollywood. 

I admit, it took me pretty much the entire ride down there to decompress from all the things I had swirling around in my head. But once we got to the restaurant (California Pizza Kitchen) and starting chatting, I relaxed and had such a wonderful night. 

Dinner was SUPER yummy. I didn't care one lick that I was breaking my diet. The BBQ chicken salad, the pizza and the red velvet cake for dessert were all more than worth it. After dinner we headed over to the theater.


They don't allow pictures inside, so we snapped a few before going in.



Then I cheated and took one of the stage before the show started. We actually had pretty good seats. I thought we were going to be up one level, but we weren't. And dead center....not too shabby for the price. 

The show?! It was AMAZING. Actually, amazing does not even describe it. It was exhilarating. I loved every minute of it (okay minus the drag queen during the "awards ceremony"), but other than that, it was a wonderful show. I loved it so much I almost cried. Literally. I expect I will be going again sometime in the next few years. Or maybe I'll have to bring myself to go to Vegas just to see another Cirque De Soleil show. (We all know how much I "love" Vegas. {insert sarcasm})


1 comment:

tphillips said...

best show ever! And I am with you I WILL be going again! And I too hate Vegas...but the shows are worth going.

P.S. LOve your shirt!! :)