Wednesday, August 24, 2011

School time again

First Day of Kindergarten for Leah was last Thursday and I am just now getting around to blogging about it. We had a very busy weekend with Ashlyn's big 8th Birthday party on Saturday and Sharing time for me on Sunday. 

But here it is. The BIG day had finally arrived. This girl could NOT have been more excited. And I was so excited for her too. The thing about having a child with very strong emotions is that it's sometimes a bad thing (like when she throws a fit), but sometimes a good thing (like when it's her first day of school). Her excitement was contagious.


I think Ashlyn was excited too. But she also knows school is hard work. Ashlyn made sure to tell Leah (over and over and OVER again) that 3rd grade isn't "easy" like Kindergarten. Poor Leah is going to be scared to graduate from Kindergarten. 



Paul stayed with Leah to see her off on her first day, while I took Ashlyn over to her classroom and showed her where to line up.





The report at the end of the day? Leah loved it. So did Ashlyn. They both liked their teacher. Leah already started making friends. Ashlyn found her buddy Lourdes, best news yet.....no homework for the first two days. 

No comments: