Last week Ashlyn got awarded the "Star Achievement" award at school for placing in the advanced section of her State wide (STAR) testing last year at the end of 2nd grade. We were very proud of her and happy to watch her accept her award. Here she is with her best school bud Lourdes.
Brandon had a preschool field trip to Lombardi Ranch last Friday. We didn't last too long. Now granted it, it was a pretty darn hot day and he was pretty red in the face. But still! He had TWO shirts on and if any of you know Brandon at all, you know he is barely ever seen wearing even ONE shirt. So I told him he could take his shirt off and keep just his school shirt on. Well, we had to take both shirts off to keep his school shirt on. And so of course when I went to put that school shirt back on he threw a MONSTER of a fit (seems to be the name of the game these days). I probably didn't handle it too well. I was hot myself and irritated with the constant battle of trying to keep this kid clothed. So we fought over it for a few minutes with him screaming and yelling and running away from me, until I finally told him if he didn't get his shirt on, than we had to go home. Well, it bit me in the butt, because he said, "ok, let's go home". So.....we did. I somehow managed to get him to put his own shirt back on and then we left. And so from now on (as his "punishment") he has to wear a shirt at all times, even if we are just at home, because he is having too hard of a time distinguishing when it is ok to wear a shirt or not. I thought it was going to be a bigger fight everyday, but when a friend of ours saw him (with a shirt on at home) and commented on how he was surprised to see him actually wearing one (embarrassing I know) Brandon said, "yeah, I throwed a fit so now I have to wear a shirt all the time". And he's done it. So that's that! Here's hoping he keeps it up because honestly he looks better clothed!
See! Proof he is actually wearing a shirt on a regular ole day hanging out in the backyard playing with his brother. It's a mini miracle!
And as a side note, isn't that little Carter just adorable? Even though he's on a major screaming/squealing phase. I still love both my boys.
I'm a lucky momma (although if you'd asked me that on Friday after leaving the pumpkin patch, I might have had a different answer! haha)
2 comments:
Sounds to me like you handled it perfectly. Today, he left school with a shirt on. Good teaching moment - in the heat and all :) Too funny. I can't wait to hear how he feels about all this when he's older. Love it.
So funny Brandon w/ his shirt. Yeah, I would've done the same thing as you I'm sure. Or I would've lost it sooner - you are always cool as a cucumber.
Post a Comment