General Conference started out rather nicely. Ashlyn had her conference book out that she gotten at Activity Days. She was doing her conference bingo. The other kids were in and out of the room listening/playing. But let's face it. It didn't last for long. By Sunday afternoon the house pretty much looked like......
...this! The girls were up playing in their room (probably making even MORE of a mess) and the boys were creating havoc down with us. As a side note, I did hear a few of the talks amongst all the noise and rather enjoyed it. Especially the talk Saturday afternoon by Elder Anderson, the two talks Sunday morning by Sister Dalton and President Monson. And the talk Sunday afternoon by Elder Cook. Now to get dinner ready for the missionaries who will be over in 1 1/2 hours. Thank goodness for my trip to Sam's club yesterday because they pretty much made dinner for tonight. Hope the missionaries like Chinese food cuz it's sounding pretty tasty to me.
And to end.....a couple of funny Brandon sayings:
A couple of days ago, Brandon and I were singing "Old McDonald" together. When we finished he said, "mom, you sing like a girl". I said, "that's because I am a girl", to which he replied, "no you're not.....you're a mommy". But when I asked him if Daddy was a boy, he said, "yes". Go figure.
Then, after conference just now, as Paul is cleaning up the mess of a playroom, I hear Brandon singing to Daddy, "You love Mommy. You love Mommy." Seems rather sweet huh....but sing it to the tune of Nah nah nah boo boo and it gives it a whole different feel. Ha! Gotta love that kid.
1 comment:
Have you ever seen that chain email where kids answer questions about mommy? Essentially she was never a little girl, she never has friends, she is nothing but mommy! OK, so I butchered it, hopefully you've seen it.
Post a Comment