Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Programs

It's been a fun week of Holiday Programs at the kids schools.

 First off was Leah's on Monday morning. I had Brandon and Carter with me so I brought my IPad thinking it would help keep Brandon happy while we waited for the show to start. Well, Carter started fussing for Brandon to let him see the IPad too, and since Brandon didn't want to share, a fight ensued. I took the IPad away from Brandon for not being willing to share and you would have thought I cut off his arm. He started kicking and screaming and causing such a commotion that I had to take him outside. He wouldn't calm down outside either so I left him on the corner outside and I tried to stand at the door to hear the last part of her program. I heard a tiny bit of it, and then it was over. Brandon sat in his room most of the morning while I calmed down from being so upset with him that I missed her show. And that was that! I guess I always have next years program, right? 


On Wednesday though I got a sitter and got to be at Leah's Class Christmas  Party. That was lots of fun. They made gingerbread houses, and had treats outside on the patio. The kids in the class are all so fun and Leah just lights up when I come in. I'm glad I'm able to go from time to time.


On Wednesday was Ashlyn's program. THIS TIME, I left the IPad at home and my morning went much smoother (although it might have had something to do with the major threat I gave Brandon before getting there telling him he'd sit in his room again all day if he threw another fit like he had on Monday). I'm so nice huh!

Her class sang three really good songs and I got to sit next to my friend Brooke who's son, Luke, is also in Ashlyn's class. 


Thursday was Brandon's turn. This is where he was while the rest of his class was......


...here. Acting out the story of the Nativity.
Oh well. At least he wasn't throwing a fit. 


He did perk up when Grandma K and Grandma B presented him with a stuffed Penquin (their class mascot). 


And even though he looks completely uninterested in sitting in Santa's lap in this picture, he was indeed excited to be there. Just nervous. Santa gave him a puzzle and a candy cane. But Brandon couldn't understand why he didn't get a Transformer from him, which is what he asked for. I told him he had to wait until Christmas Day to see if he has been good enough to get one. 


And this is why I never walk into Hallmark. Because I can't come out without some cute little treasure. I was so excited when I saw it, that it practically jumped into my hands. It had to be mine!

The candles were a gift to me from Leah's Kindergarten teacher. Nice huh! 


1 comment:

RachelAA said...

I almost bought that advent calendar the other day 50% off. Cute.