Monday, December 5, 2011

Paul turned 34!

Which means I'm next...which is quite depressing, so let's not talk about it. So now back to Paul since this is HIS post. This past Saturday Paul turned 34! Wow....like how did that even happen? That means I've known him for 13 years. More than a 1/3 of his life. But that is going back to me. Sorry honey! Haha...Okay now really... we had a fun birthday weekend with him. We decided to start celebrating on Friday night since we were going out on Saturday without the kids. As soon as I picked up Ashlyn and Leah from school I told them it was operation "Get ready for Daddy's party". They got all excited. I told them their duties were to clean up the house (pretty sneaky of me huh? But it TOTALLY worked. Wish I could use that excuse more often.) and make birthday posters. They got right on it. I started making the cake (thanks for the stick of butter Brooke) and cooking his usually requested birthday dinner of ....wait for it.....tacos. Yup, that's right. Tacos. He always requests them for his birthday. Works for me cuz they're easy. So it's a win win. Anyway, so we hung balloons from the ceiling (thanks for the idea pinterest), taped up posters all around and got organized. After the cake was done, I decided we needed some more Christmas lawn decorations (that goes with his party right? SURE), so we rushed over to Lowe's and bought a blow up nativity scene and some net lighting. That along with our snowflake stakes and soon to be put up icicles, and our front yard will FINALLY have some Christmas decorations. Okay, I keep getting side tracked. Back to Paul. So I had Paul text me right before he got home so the kids could hide and "surprise" him. Then we all sat down to dinner, ate some yummy food, had cake and ice cream and opened a few gifts. Hooray! It was a fun evening (except for Carter who was throwing fits but ya know....nothing's ever perfect right). The next day Paul and I went out to lunch at Rubios (his pick), where he ordered....wait for it....tacos. Yes, you heard me right. Tacos....again! But I guess in his defense, this time they were FISH tacos. I do not make those. So lunch was yummy and then we headed over to the theater to see "Hugo". Totally amazing movie. Go see it....you will love it! Here are some pictures from the weekend. I didn't take that many unfortunately.

Next year I will be sure to actually GET IN one of the pictures. 



These were all gifts from the "kids". He got a new stylus for his ipad, President Monson's biography, some body wash and smelly spray (for men), a new cover for his iphone, and an itunes gift card. 







Like my ghetto cake? Obviously I didn't have 34 candles, so I made a 3 out of candles and then stuck a number 4 candle I had left over from Leah's birthday a couple of years ago. Kind of pathetic I know. But it worked! 

I wonder what he wished for?


1 comment:

RachelAA said...

Not much left to wish for :) So I am assuming you did the balloons only in the kitchen? I'm imagining you on the ladder in the living room - haha, that ceiling is HIGH!