Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So proud of my Girl

Ashlyn got "Valiant Viking" for the week. I think her teacher picks her, but it's basically an award from the Principal for being an AWESOME student....which she is! When I drove through valet to pick her up yesterday and saw the sign with her name on it, my first thought was "YAY!" and then my second thought was, "oh no, she probably hated having to go up to the Principal's office to get her award". 

She got in the car and said to me, "I got the Valiant Viking award". I told her I saw it and was SO proud of her. To which she said, "yeah, but when they announced it I was thinking, please don't say my name, please don't say my name". I had to crack up. She's SO incredibly shy. I know she loves to get awards but dreads "receiving" them. She told me she had to walk up to the office by herself and that she was so embarrassed. Funny little thing! But we are SUPER happy for her so I made her pose in front of the sign to take her picture. Then I made her look excited about it (see the second picture). 





3 comments:

Tommy said...

YAH!!! ASHLYN. SO PROUD OF YOU

Laurie Nguyen said...

How fun! Congratulations Ashlyn!!

Brittany and Marcin said...

I have missed the last 10 posts (or close anyway) that you have made because your blog isn't updating on my blog roll!! Anyway... way to go, Ashlyn! Of course she was picked for that. I can't imagine it going to someone better.