Thursday, November 3, 2011

Growing Pains


I want to be less melancholy that my kids are getting older.
Growing up.
I want to be thankful that they are healthy
and happy
and safe.

I want to fully live in the moment
of the time we've been given.
Who knows when a day will be our last?
I hope and pray it is far far away, but nothing is a given
and aching for the past only insults the present.

I want to OWN every minute of my days
with a grateful heart
and open hands.
The future is a glorious thing
but today is what we've been given
and today is all we have.

Be grateful.


****I swiped this post from a blog called "Adventures in Sarahland". They are not my words, but they might as well be. I had to repost it.**** 

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love this! I feel this way all the time. Trying to find the balance.