November always gets me thinking about all the many things I have and all that I am grateful for. I just love this time of year. I know most people do too. The weather is cooling off, there is an excitement in the air. Yummy foods, gift buying, family traditions, vacations or visits. It's all so much fun.
Here are some things I am grateful for. It is of course not everything. But some of the bigger ones that I'm especially grateful for right now.
1. My body. It has it's flaws. It's definitely getting older and doesn't look as good as it use to, but every time I exercise, I remember how grateful I am that I CAN. For the most part, my body can do what I want it to do. That is such a blessing that I am afraid I sometimes take for granted.
2. My Health. Similar to the first. I thank my Heavenly Father every day that I can get up and take care of my kids and family and do the things I want and need to.
3. My husband. He is nice, sweet, warm, caring, fun, spiritual, willing, patient and helpful. And much more. I didn't realize what a good choice I was making when I said "YES" to him. I'm glad I did.
4. My children. They are my life. My everything. Sure I sometimes yell too much. I make mistakes. But the older they get, the more I realize how wonderful and special they are. I'm so glad they're mine.
5. My home. What a blessing having this house has been. It was a miracle how we got, a miracle that we could afford it, and it continues to bless me every day by giving us the space we need to grow.
6. Paul's job!!!! Enough said.
7. The church. I don't get real preachy or emotional on my blog. It's not really me. But my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is sure. I love the church. It has helped me throughout my entire life and will continue to as I try to live by it's teachings. It's not always easy. Sundays can be difficult wrangling four little kids during Sacrament. But that time will come to a close before I know it. And hopefully, in the mean time, my children will grow to love the Gospel as much as I do.
8. The town we live in. It's no secret that moving to CA a little over 8 years ago, was probably at the bottom of my list. But we have found a nice little area to settle into and raise our children. And for that, I am very grateful!
9. My family. I have a wonderful sister and brother, great parents (and in-laws) and lots of aunt, uncles, cousins, bro and sis in-laws, nieces and nephews that I just adore. And of course, I could never forget my one remaining Grandma that I am so lucky to have.
No comments:
Post a Comment