Thursday, November 3, 2011

Carter's ONE!

This is how he felt about turning the big ONE year old. 
I can totally relate little guy. I'm not too happy about you getting older either.


Here's his cake....which he didn't touch at all, except to push it away from him. I even cut it up, but no...he didn't want anything to do with it. It actually didn't surprise me at all. He doesn't like table food. I've been through this before with Ashlyn, who not only wouldn't eat table food, but wouldn't eat baby food either. So I'm just grateful he eats baby food. And really he eats healthier not liking table food. So I'm not too worried about it.  I'm sure he'll like it eventually. 



The other kids helped him open his gifts of course. He got a new Sesame Street toy, and some instruments. Nothing too major this year. We have so many toys already, I actually had a hard time finding something I didn't feel we already had. He really does love Sesame Street and Elmo though. And music. He totally loves music. So I thought some little music instruments would be fun for him.



I swear he's thinking, "get your hands off my toy big brother or you're gonna get it".


He liked the sticks the best. Started drumming with them right away. It was darling. 



Happy Happy Birthday my little guy. Even though I always say I'm sad to see you growing up, I do love to see all the new things you are learning. Here are some things you can do and say.

You are walking quite well for only having started a week ago. 
You can say "Dad-da" (and know what you are saying), "Uh-oh", and are starting to say "no".
You also babble a ton and make the funniest sound that sounds like you are saying "giggle giggle". 
You have at least 10 teeth (maybe more but you won't let me feel without biting me).
You wave hi and bye and have been clapping for quite a few months.
You know the sign for "milk" but only really do it first thing in the morning.
You go to bed between 8:00 and 8:30 and have to have me stay by your crib until you start to drift off (totally reminds me of Ashlyn). 
You wake up between 6:30 and 7:15 most mornings and love to start your day with a dirty diaper (but hey, at least you are sleeping through the night.)
You love to laugh and are starting to be silly yourself.
You love to take baths and always resist when I try to take you out. 
You hate going through the carwash and scream most of the time (so we don't go too often). 
You're a pretty content little guy and you definitely love to explore. Your favorite is to get into my ziploc baggies drawer and throw them all over the floor. 
You love to climb and swing in the swing at the park or in the backyard.
You only like babysitters if at least one of your siblings is home with you, and you definitely don't go to just anyone. 
But most of all, you love your mommy! (Which I'm relishing in because pretty soon you will discover how totally awesome Daddy is and then it will be bye bye mommy.)



No comments: