Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Family Fun Center & the Movies

After getting some much needed rest we were up and ready to go. At first we talked about going to Gardner's Village ( a favorite for me), but after thinking about it, we decided the kids would be bored to tears there and thus we would have no fun. So we chose a "Family Fun Center" just five minutes from my mom's house. Ty and Heather got in at 4 that morning, so we took their boys while they tried to rest. The kids had a blast. For ten bucks they could play unlimited for 3 hours. They tried rollar skating, but when that proved to be too difficult, they got scooters and rode those around the rink. There was an arcade, a bounce house area, a jungle climbing area, foam ball blast zone, laser tag and pizza. They had a great time. We ran into some friends that live down here in Burbank. Their daughter had just fallen while skating and had to be taken to the ER. She ended up with pins in her arm and a splint that will be casted later. Poor little girl. After that I was glad my girls weren't interested in skating. 

Here are the only two photos I took. 



That afternoon, Paul started to not feel well (the flu bug had been through all of us. I guess it finally was his turn.) So he went back to the hotel with Brandon (who wanted to stay with his Daddy) and I took my girls and Ty and Heather's boys to the movies to see "We Bought a Zoo", while my mom watched Carter. Totally cute movie. Probably wouldn't have taken the girls if I had known it had bad language in it. It was a little old for Leah anyway. But overall, they had a fun time and were just happy to be at the movies. And for $6.00 a ticket, I was ready to go to another one.

No comments: