Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not too good at making or keeping New Year's Resolutions. Last time I made one, I broke it just two months later (remember my no soda resolution? Yeah, probably not because it didn't last too long. I think I made it to the middle of February. Who knew I loved the stuff so much.) But this time I'm going to do more whole self resolutions, instead of just picking one vice and trying to get rid of it. Because let's be honest, I'm a mom of four little kids who doesn't drink coffee. Sometimes I need a little caffeine to get through my day. Does that make me a bad person? I don't think so.

My friend Beth is awesome at making resolutions and she always seems to keep them too. So I'm going to follow her example and try to be a little better myself. I loved her list. You can check it out on her blog if you'd like. I'm copying some of her ideas even, because let's face it, we are both moms of little kids. That gives us much to have in common. So, here it goes. Wish me luck.

For me personally:
  * Keep up with the Relief Society Manual lessons. Meaning, read them even though I haven't been in RS for so many years I have lost count (I'm NOT complaining. I LOVE primary.)
  * Keep up with my blog (it's totally my children's scrapbook) and finish two blog books this year.
  * Utilize my 18 remaining spin classes before they expire and do my aerobics DVD at least twice a week. 
  * Drink more water, LESS soda (I didn't say NO soda. Haha)
  * Read 6 books this year.

For me as a mom:
  * Continue monthly one on one dates with each of our children.
* Pray for patience and the ability to yell less (I hate yelling. I hear myself doing it and it makes me sick. I can only imagine what my kids are thinking.)
  * Play/read/interact with my kids more. I'm really good at taking them places and doing things, but when we get home I go off and do my thing and they do theirs. I need to work on taking some time to interact with them at home more. (Well, I guess I'm talking about the girls more. The boys still demand quite a bit of my attention. Haha).
  
For me as a wife:
  * Go on at least two dates a month with Paul.
  * Be more patient with his calling. (That's gonna be a hard one at times.)

Home Improvements:
*Replace the kids closet doors with new mirrored ones.

I think that's probably good for this year. I better not overwhelm myself. I'll end up doing none of it. 



2 comments:

RachelAA said...

Fantastic list!

Beth said...

that's great. i cant give up soda either. won't be on my list 'til the kids get older. ;) i could say the exact same thing too about not yelling at my kids. makes me sick too. great stuff to work on!