Monday, April 9, 2012

The Egg Hunt

Easter Sunday was really nice. Church was good...well except for the crazy Sunbeam class I taught (my son included). Maybe it wouldn't have been so crazy if Paul hadn't had to drop Carter off half way through class with a dirty diaper(which I ended up changing in the classroom while still trying to teach).....but then again, maybe it still would have. Brandon has been having such a difficult time in sunbeams. I'm not sure why, but it made it hard for me to teach the class.  My friend Lisa sang a BEAUTIFUL song in Sacrament though. I really could have sat and listened to her sing the entire hour. The talks were nice though and a great reminder of our Savior and the priceless gift He gave us. I just love Easter. 

After Church, we had a nice dinner at home of Ham, deviled eggs, rolls, salad, etc. You know...the traditional Easter Dinner. Ty and Heather were suppose to come over, but with Carter still having a runny nose, they opted out. They are flying to FL on Tuesday and don't want sick kids. I guess I can't blame them. We still had a really nice day. The kids had an egg hunt after our early dinner and then some friends invited us over for dessert. Their kids have the same cold, so we decided it wouldn't be a bad thing to share germs. Haha.. apparently, we already had. But seriously, that is just life with kids. I can't live in a bubble, right?

Right as we were about to let the kids run out for the egg hunt, Carter woke up. So I made them stand with their back to the yard while Paul ran up to get Carter. Haha.... They weren't too happy. 

They all gathered tons of eggs and I think had a great time. Brandon gave all his candy to the girls and kept his dollars and coins. I guess the Easter Bunny did a bad job at finding candy that Brandon likes. Unfortunately, lollipops don't fit in eggs. 

It was such a beautiful day! 















1 comment:

Camille said...

It was fun reading all your recent posts!! It's been awhile since I have read blogs. Sounds like you all had a nice, quiet Easter : ) And I LOVE the family picture of you guys! So cute!!!