Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Earth Day Birthday Boy

Brandon is FOUR today! Hip Hip Hooray!

He actually woke up cheerfully (which is rare for him. He's not exactly a morning person). He let me hold him and sing Happy Birthday to him multiple times (and even enjoyed it). He requested waffles (with syrup) and bacon for his Birthday Breakfast. Poor boy had to eat half of it in the car on the way to church since I had to be there by 8:15 to set up for Primary. He was a good sport about it. 

They tried to sing to him in Primary, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it and hid under his chair. Probably grunted at everyone ( I had stepped out with Carter so I actually missed it. Poor boy, he might not have had a hard time if I was there). Speaking of Primary, he's had a tough go with it. Hasn't wanted to go to class, has to stick right by me all the time whether I'm setting up, conducting, or doing sharing time. I guess you can say it's been tough on both of us. He just got a WONDERFUL new teacher though and for the first time since January, he was actually excited to go to Sunbeams and went without needing me or Paul to sit with him the whole time. It's heavenly! I'm so grateful for loving teachers who go the extra mile (or ten in this case. It was no small feat getting him in there). 

Anyway, back to my birthday boy. We had a low key day today since his party is this coming Saturday. He requested chicken nuggets for dinner and Orange Julius for dessert. The girls were hoping for a more dessert time dessert, but I thought the Orange Julius's were great!

And I know he's not smiling in this picture, but he was happy. 

Brandon is sweet and loving and difficult and crazy all in one. He's a true BOY! He has a really hard time with transitions (but my suspicion is that he's really just shy and doesn't know how to deal with it.) He loves action figures, making swords and guns with his trio blocks, shooting his nerf gun, playing light sabers (only with Daddy though. Apparently I do it wrong.) He likes to take showers and stand under the warm water. He loves to play outside and chase his siblings. When he was born, I would swear he was wrapping his arm around me to give me a hug. He's stayed true to that. He loves to cuddle and will often come up to me and ask me if "I" need him to snuggle with me (of course I always do). And even though he's rough and tough, he has a really kind heart. I can't wait to continue to watch him grow. 


Birthday interview:

How old are you today? FOUR
What's your favorite food? chicken nuggets
What's your favorite color? green and black
What's your favorite tv show? The Avengers
Who's your best bud (buddies)? Elijah
What do you want to be when you grow up? Dad
Where is your favorite place to go? The pretzel shop
What's your favorite game? Captain America Game (of which we don't have and I'm not even sure it exists, but he said he would like to have that game when he grows up. Haha)
What's your favorite book? "Should I share my Ice Cream"
Who is your favorite action figure? Batman and IronMan
Who's your favorite stuffed animal? Monkey

Happy Birthday to my big boy! We love you so much. Thanks for coming to be in our family. You're gonna do great things. I know it!


4 comments:

Beth said...

yay brandon... can't wait for him and audrey to be sunbeams together,

RachelAA said...

I love that he's a cuddle bug!

Phillips Family said...

Ah Brandon we love you! Happy birthday little guy! Thanks for being such good buddies with Elijah! You're a cutie pie!

Adam and Lisa said...

Yay! He is so cute!!! Thanks again for inviting us to his awesome super hero party!