School is in full swing around here. We are getting into our routine and trying to get and stay organized. The staying part is always the challenge. Carter's favorite thing to do lately is pull games out of the cupboard and dump the pieces all over the floor. And I'm finding if I don't get all the things done that I need to before the girls get home from school, than it doesn't happen until after bed time (or the next day).
My mornings with Carter are fun, but seem to go by pretty quickly. I spend some of the time exercising, some of it getting ready and some of it running errands or playing with friends. I really enjoy the moments though when I can get on the floor and play cars or blocks just me and my littlest guy. It doesn't happen as much as I would like, but I know he just loves it when I can give him one on one time.
Brandon is developing his talents around here. Haha....I don't know how he figured out he could do this but he's been showing me a lot lately. I kept telling him it was cool, but not thinking much about it, until I tried it one day. Dang....it's not easy to balance a spoon on your nose. In fact, I could not do it. Neither could anyone else in our house. He must have the perfect shaped nose because he makes it look so easy.
This first photo is a serving spoon, so it's big....and heavy. And he did it no problem. Pretty funny huh! And pretty awesome too!
Not much time for playdates anymore with school and after school activities, but I try to use my Friday afternoons for friends (if I have any energy left by then). Leah got to have Gracie over a couple of weeks ago. They had a blast together and didn't want the night to end.
This is my very first "Instagram" photo. I like how you can make it all snazzy and cool looking. Brandon told me this was his version of "MetroMan". He was very proud of it and happy to pose for a photo op.
Carter found some fun boots to play in and of course my IPad is like his best friend. He's very protective of it too!
Went on a girls night a few weeks ago to celebrate Beth's Birthday and this is the only photo we got. Haha...I guess we were a bit excited for our pedicures. I should have taken a photo of all the amazingly delicious desserts we shared. YUM!
I came into the room where we have Activity Days at church and found one of the girls building a fort. She was sad we had to take it down to...ya know...USE the table and chairs, so I took a picture of it so she could always remember her art work. It's such a fun calling I have. I'm really enjoying being with the girls. They are so sweet and energetic. Plus it's fun to get to be there with Ashlyn too!
In some ways I miss the lazy days of summer, but I guess it's nice to have a constant rotation of seasons and change. Keeps life interesting that's for sure. We are getting more into a routine with the heavier load of homework Ashlyn has this school year. Plus, she starts band in a couple of weeks so I'm hoping with everything else she's doing too, that we can stay on top of it all.
1 comment:
Brandon is amazing with the spoon on his nose. Leah's haircut is so cute on her. Great fort idea. Life sure is a whirlwind at your house. You're amazing.
Post a Comment