This week was Girl Scout heavy. The girls met for their regular meeting on Tuesday. Then Friday night had a mother/daughter "s'more's night" and Saturday morning had a service project. That, along with Piano lessons, Activity Days, Band practice, ballet and regular ole school work, left my little Ashlyn quite tuckered out by Saturday. I felt really bad for her. She had a fun week, but even my go, go, go girl has her limits. Fortunately, there's just one more week of school and then the kids will be out for Fall Break (how'd that happen so fast?) and she'll have time to recharge.
On Tuesday at Girl Scouts the girls made matching tye dyed shirts for outings. I must say it was QUITE handy for us leaders/mom's. They fed us dinner of hot dogs and chips and then we gathered around a camp fire for songs, skits and marshmallow roasting.
Jenn (our Leader), Kristina (Grace's mom) and me
Grace and Ashlyn with Abbie's head poking up in the back.
Ashlyn tried to roast her own marshmallow, but that fire was pretty darn hot, so I ended up doing it for her.
And of course us mom's needed a s'more too! Yum!
Bright and early the next morning was the River Rally clean up where we helped pick up trash along a three mile stretch of the dry river bed here in Canyon Country. The girls worked hard and we collected quite a bit of junk. It was amazing how much trash was really down there.
Hundreds of people were out there helping. Mostly looked like girl scout troops, boy scout troops and youth groups, but still. It made me glad to see all these people in the community coming out to volunteer and help take care of our little city.
The girls were paired in buddies, and my poor little Ashlyn was quite lost without Grace (who couldn't make it that morning). I felt bad for her. She's so shy and even after all these years of being in scouts, she still isn't really close with many of the other girls.
She got to be my little buddy though and that was fun for me!
2 comments:
How awesome! I saw a bunch of people picking up trash with orange bags on Saturday when I was taking my kids to soccer...I pointed them out to my kids and said "look at that awesome service those people are doing for our community"...I didn't know Ashlyn was apart of it! totally cool!
I think I need a nap after your post - SO busy but all such great stuff.
Post a Comment