We had a nice New Year's Eve at home with just the kiddos, celebrating with the East Coast. That's the way to go when you have little ones.
We all snuggled up, watched "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" together, had yummy snacks, played a few games and toasted with the Ball drop in New York.
On New Year's Day we headed up to Frazier Park with some friends to find a fun place to take the kids sledding. There are definitely some negatives to living in California, but being able to get to the snow during the winter and the beach during the summer in about an hour each, is certainly not one of them. It's pretty dang awesome actually. And I'm sad that we haven't taken advantage of the snow before this year.
There wasn't a ton of snow up there. I think it had snowed last week and what we sledded on was leftovers, but it was still plenty for the kids. And it was seriously cold, so we felt like we were far from home. We brought hot chocolate and had cupcakes to celebrate our little friend Timmy's 6th birthday. It's definitely something we will be making into a yearly tradition.
Coloring New Year's signs.
Boy these kids can be LOUD!
Teaching the kids how to do "cheers".
Snow fun with friends!
Brandon threw a MIGHTY big fit about his clothes. Does that surprise anyone. But I told him he absolutely could not play in the snow in swim shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops. Even I have my limits. It was a battle and he spent some time in the car before he decided to get dressed, but this was our compromise. Short sleeved shirt with sleeveless jacket, gloves, hat and snow boots and yes.....you are right....those are pajama pants. It was the best I could get him to put on.
Ahh......some day this will be funny right? Please tell me it will.
4 comments:
that pic of brandon is so funny. next year we wanna come !!!
I love the look on Brandon's face when u guys are doing your toast! He's like "uh can we just drink it already"...love that guy! Snow was so fun! Glad we went!
Yes, it will be, especially when he (or his wife) is complaining to you about their son (or daughter) who does the same thing.
Since I am not living it day to day, it is hilarious now. Clothes just bug him. Wish I could hug him now.
Post a Comment