Saturday, February 16, 2013

Another one bites the dust

Yup....Ashlyn is sick. Poor girl. She's the one that started this whole mess of sickness in our house. She got a cold almost two weeks ago. It turned into a nasty sore throat and then a cough. In the meantime, Leah got a cough and stomach bug and then a viral rash all over her face. That's the time Carter went down, so my life was consumed with taking care of the little one. Carter's finally feeling better and Ashlyn started saying her ears were hurting her. It was even keeping her up at night. So yesterday morning, while she was laying on my bed, I asked her if she wanted to go to the doctor. She said yes, so that was my answer. I hauled all four kids (not a fun thing) to the doctor to have her ears checked before going into the long weekend. Paid off (in a weird sort of way) because we found out she has a double ear infection. I guess her cold/cough/sore throat made it's way to her ears and settled there. After a grueling fight with the pharmacy (man I'm grateful for them, but they can be SO DANG SLOW), we got Ashlyn her antibiotics just in time to head out to go boothing for Girl Scout cookies. I must admit I'm pretty much hating Girl Scouts right now. Cookie season is too much work! 

I will say though, that it's way easier to have a sick 9 year old than it is to have a sick 2 year old.

And the irony in all of this mess of sickness is......that the ONE child that hasn't gotten sick (knock on wood) is the one who INSISTS on wearing swim shorts, t-shirts and flip flops year round. Go figure!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh no!!! Darn. I am so, so sorry. Let me know if you need anything. Text me. Adam or I will be at the store later, if you need anything dropped off. Love you guys!

Camille said...

Oh Amber! I am SO sorry!!! This season has been an awful year of sickies for so many!!! I was just talking with Sharon Gratrix today, and she was down with it for over a week!!
I do have to say, I literally laughed so hard over your last comment....about the one person of yours who has NOT gotten sick!!! Too funny!!!