This boy has had a rough start to 2013. As if having pneumonia wasn't bad enough, tonight he can add "stitches" to his list. Well, not stitches exactly thankfully, but he did have to have a cut glued shut tonight. Here's what happened. I had dropped Ashlyn off at Girl Scouts and then come home to make dinner before having to go back and get her. I was rushing around trying to get it done when I called to the kids to hurry and get in the car. I followed behind them opening my passenger side front door to put my bag in the seat. Carter was in the process of climbing in and somehow slipped and fell landing with the back of his head on the ground by the open passenger side door. He had his hands on his face but I heard his head hit the ground so I assumed that was why he was crying. I picked him up and that's when I noticed he had a bad gash right under his right eye. I rushed him inside to get a wet paper towel and see how bad it was. It only took one look to see it was more than just a little cut. I put him in the car and rushed to my friend Tina's house. She was originally going to take Leah to jazz class for me with her daughter who is in the same class. I had her run out to look at it and she too felt it was more than just a little cut. Tina was my lifesaver and grabbed my other kids without even a second thought(or me even asking actually) and then went and picked up Ashlyn for me too while I got Carter to urgent care. I had already called Paul and he was on his way home at this point, but I called him again to give him an update once I got to the doctors office. Luckily there wasn't a wait and they got Carter right in. They said it wasn't awful but would need to be glued to help it heal right. I was so glad it didn't need stitches. Carter was a trooper and was so good while they looked at it and cleaned it. But that changed when they came at him with the glue. He freaked out. The doctor said it was actually good because he pinched his eyes shut crying and caused the cut to close in just the right way for it to be glued. The whole ordeal from the time it happened until the time I was back home was only about an hour and a half. But man it felt much longer. Paul picked the other three up from Leah's jazz class where Tina had brought them and met me at home soon after I got there.
I am just so grateful to have such amazing friends who help at a moments notice when they have their hands full as well. It would have been a much bigger ordeal if it wasn't for Tina's help! And I know any of my friends would have done the same. I feel very blessed! And also humbled, hoping I can return the favor someday.
As soon as I got home Carter was back to himself wanting to play catch with the ball they gave him at the doctors office. Man I hope this is the last of his problems for a while. Poor boy! He's one brave little guy.


4 comments:
What?! Poor Carter. Sweet little guy. Sheesh!!! Hopefully done w/ the doctor for a while for you guys.
He has had quite the string of bad luck, poor guy. Of course I was happy to help. I'm just glad he was ok.
So sorry for Carter! I think Riley had three trips to the emergency room by the time he was three. You probably remember some of them! I love reading your blog and I love your family. Such fun, busy, crazy days that you will miss some day!
Awww sweet boy - those pictures are so sad. But he looks fine; just breaks a mama's heart. Yeah for good friends :)
Post a Comment