PART ONE
The Pool Party
Ashlyn wanted to have a party this year and invite some of her girlfriends over to swim. We didn't have contact info for a lot of her school friends, but she still had a good group of her friends there and I think she had a really good time.
Leah, Ashlyn and Grace waiting for everyone to arrive.
The girls all swam a lot. Paul was chief game player. He kept them really entertained with cannon ball contests, a wave pool, throwing kids in the air, marco polo, and a multitude of other fun pool games.
Opening gifts.
Ashlyn and Grace
Ashlyn and Chloe
Ashlyn and Linsey
Linsey made her this cute bracelet and got her a few headbands because "Ashlyn always wears headbands to school". I thought that was sweet.
Ashlyn and Lourdes
Ashlyn and Darby.
Darby got Ashlyn her first lego friends (girl legos) set and can I just say, Ashlyn is in LOVE with them. She took her two gift cards to Target that she got from two other friends and bought two more sets. And she's already planning what set she can buy next. Super cute! Girl legos. Why didn't they think of this YEARS ago!?
I was trying to stick with the pool theme and made cupcakes with little bears lounging in the sun, but I couldn't find those cute drink umbrellas, so my idea kind of fell flat. Oh well. I think Ashlyn still liked them.
The girls all took turns jumping on Shamu. He's taken a beating this summer but has sure provided lots of fun.
Blowing out the candles.
My sweet girl!
Can't believe she is 10! She's beautiful inside and out. So glad she is mine!
Oh and I got this awesome shot of Paul throwing Brandon in the air, which is doubly awesome knowing how timid Brandon has been in the water his WHOLE life. He has really blossomed this summer. Teaching himself to swim and everything. I am so proud of him. He can't go too far, but still. It's been a huge accomplishment. I understand that sometimes we have to push our kids to achieve things and sometimes we have to let them go at their own pace. I'm glad, at least this time, I feel like I made the right decision and let him do it on his own.







2 comments:
Not flat, super cute cupcakes.
You outdo yourself all the time. Great party for Ashlyn. Looked like fun for everyone. love you, mom
Post a Comment