Monday, August 19, 2013

Three kids in school...Say what?!?!

I know people always tell me time flies. And I know it, but seriously three kids in school?! This is just craziness. But that is where we are at now. Last Thursday Ashlyn started 5th grade, Leah started 2nd and Brandon started KINDERGARTEN. I was super nervous about him starting school at the beginning of this year. But he has grown so much over the last several months and by the time we got to August, I knew he would do great. Not to say he wouldn't be nervous, but at least I felt he was ready. 

The kids all scored this year and got awesome teachers with their friends in class with them. This was MOST exciting for Ashlyn who has had a rough couple of years with either a "less desirable" teacher or no good friends in her class. So she definitely deserved to have a good year this year. 






Brandon was totally cool about starting school.....until he stepped foot on campus. Then he grabbed hold of Daddy's hand and held on for dear life. I will say it made my heart drop. It was gonna be hard to leave him even knowing how great of a teacher he got. 


Ashlyn found some friends right away. And it was even cuter that they were just as excited to see her as she was to see them. 


Leah found some good buddies right away too and was totally fine with me dropping her off in her line to go stay with Brandon.

Leah and Ashlynn


Grace and Leah


I could tell he was nervous walking off in his line, but he was so brave and did a really good job. No tears or anything....not from him anyway. Me...that was another story. Was glad for sunglasses that morning. 


After school the tennis shoes came off immediately. Like before he even buckled up in the car. But that didn't surprise me one bit. This boy hates closed toed shoes.

Ashlyn hugged me when she got in the car and said she had the best day ever (as if I made it happen. Hey...I'll take the credit). 

They were all bubbling with excitement for the new year. 

And Brandon had a great day too. Wouldn't say too much about what he did all day, but he certainly had fun telling me all about his "magic playdough" that turned green when he smooshed it. Of course that meant he was going to have a great year.

So glad for good teachers this year. Here's hoping it's all on the up and up!


We celebrated a happy first day with Becky and her kids at Foster Freeze with some yummy ice cream.

5 comments:

RachelAA said...

Wahoo for a fabulous first day. Best pic award goes to Brandon's naked feet ;)

Beth said...

Yay! They are so cute. I have to say I hate closed toe shoes too... and wearing socks with shoes for that matter... so I understand Brandon! And how cute are they w/ their back packs! Is Leah wearing one glove??!!

Amber said...

Yes Beth she is wearing one glove. She was making a fashion statement. LOL....until it got too hot. Then she took it off. Funny girl!

Phillips Family said...

So glad your kids got good teachers! Makes such a difference. Ashlyn has been beyond deserving for awhile now! It's gonna be a good year!

Dana said...

Sounds like a great year for everyone. I can't believe you have 3 kids in school either. I loved Leah's outfit. She is a fashion queen. Ashlyn looks so grown up. When is she getting her own room??? Brandon is a one of a kind handsome boy. Loved the shoes coming off. I hate shoes too. Grandma D