Me and Carter have three years together before he starts kindergarten and boy am I glad about that. I mean, I know he'll start preschool next year but it makes me happy that I still have time before ALL my kids are in school.
On Monday we went on a little trip down to the zoo. He has been begging me to go for a while now, and I'm so glad we went. The weather ended up being really nice. Especially for the middle of August. We got there right when it opened so a lot of the animals were still being fed their breakfasts, which meant they were out and moving around a lot. Plus it was a Monday morning and school just barely started so there were NO school trips there.
I've been saving all the little coupons I get every year when I renew my pass, since it was never enough for all four of my children. Carter scored because he ended up with a little stuffed chamillion, a trip on the safari tram and a ride on the carousel....all for free. Yahoo! Actually, I guess I'm the one that scored cuz really he knew no difference.
Petting and brushing the goats was definitely a highlight for him.
And he thought petting the python was pretty cool too.
The gorillas were all really close to us. One even kept swatting at the glass cuz a couple of boys next to us were playing with him. It was so cute.
He was a bit nervous at first.
But once it got going....
He decided the carousel was pretty darn cool!
After the zoo we stopped at Dreamworks to meet Daddy for lunch. And that's always super fun. For me and Carter.










2 comments:
Awesome! He'll have so much fun having you all to himself for the next few years!
He is the cutest little boy. Hugs to Carter. Grandma D
Post a Comment