Not sure why Brandon was so grouchy in this picture, but Carter asked me to take a picture with him. I wasn't gonna say no cuz who knows how long he'll want to take pictures with me.
Sporting his new ninja turtle mask he got from Elijah and Emberlynn.
I guess the events of the day before (his bday party) wore him out because he never ever falls asleep on my lap. But he did and I ate it up. Sat there as long as I could with him and snuggled. It was so sweet. Eventually I had to move him off of me to start dinner, but he continued to sleep on the couch until I had to wake him up to go to church for a Young Women's activity I was going to. It came back to bite me cuz he was up FOREVER that night. But I was still glad for the snuggle time.
He likes to stand at the sink next to me and play with his guys while I get ready each day. I have to watch him though to make sure he doesn't dump them in a sink full of water, which he sometimes does too. Oops!
And BIG news around here (probably deserves it's own post but oh well)....we are a diaper free house (well except at night). I decided the day before his birthday that it was high time I kicked it into gear and got this boy potty trained. I had been putting it off forever. So funny how with your first kid you are so anxious to start and usually jump the gun before your child is ready. It usually makes it double and triply hard for you and your child. But waiting became my favorite thing to do with potty training after struggling through it with Ashlyn. He was so ready and got it really quick. He's had a few accidents but not bad and most exciting is that he had a dry diaper at night two days after starting potty training. So here's hoping we will be completely diaper free REAL soon. First time in 10 years. Yahoo!!!!!
And for as rough and tough as these two little guys are, they are sure huge snugglers at night time. This morning they both crawled in bed with me and smothered me with "love" fighting to be closest to me and hold my hand. These are the moments I will look back on and really miss. I hope they don't go away too soon.






1 comment:
I can't even tell you how much I love that last picture of you with your boys! Look how beautiful you look in the morning!
Post a Comment