Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MLK Day

We headed down to Long Beach to the Aquarium on MLK day to take advantage of our passes. Paul was home that day so it was super fun to have him with us. I must admit that even though I am kind of getting tired of the Aquarium, it was still a fun day together and there are parts of the Aquarium that I still really enjoy. It was crowded, as expected, but it wasn't terrible. Could have been way worse. We walked around all the exhibits and went to most all of the touch tanks. The Lorikeets were "full" so we didn't get to go in and feed them, but since the kids were scared of them last time, I'm not sure they were too upset about that. 

Brandon decided he didn't want him picture taken…typical! 



The leaf dragons are one of my favorites. Such a cool example of an animal adapting to it's environment to survive.


Brandon was most excited to see the octopus. And we were SUPER lucky because he was SO active that day. Swimming all over his tank and really putting on a good "show" for us. I've never seen him move around that much. Usually he's mostly hidden so it was a real treat. 



I do really love the touch tanks and so does Carter. He stood there as long as they would possibly let him and touched every little creature he could. It was really cute.




Me and my kiddos.



It's not always easy to get Brandon to look happy in a picture or to see him actually….willingly….hug his sister. So this picture was a nice suprise. 


The drive home was a bit long, so we stopped at Fuddruckers in Sherman Oaks for some dinner. One of my most favorite places so I was excited. 



Paul got coins for the kids to play arcades, but let's be honest now. We know who the coins were "really" for. LOL!


No comments: