Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Some artwork

I admit I am not the best at keeping my kids artwork. I simply do not have the space for it. But I'm trying to be a bit better and at least take pictures of it so there is at least a memory of a few of the things they create (they create SO many).

Here are a few of Leah's latest creations. She really enjoys drawing and does it quite a bit.



Abstract finger painting at it's best. Also Leah's creations.



Carter started preschool and came home with his very first school art. I, of course, had to take a picture of them. And I'm quite positive his teachers helped him (a lot) in writing his name. 



And this is Brandon's art work. He doesn't draw much but he has been way into making monsters out of old cereal boxes and toilet paper rolls. I'll need to take some pictures of those too. Right now they are all occupying my dining room table.



And for memories sake, here is my Christmas card wall. I swear I get more cards when I send them out and I didn't send any out this year. I will have to be better next Christmas because Christmas cards are the most fun things to get in the mail.


 My poor little Ashlyn. Socks on her hands and a beenie on her head. All to keep her from scratching her head in her sleep and making it bleed.



Leah's good friend Kayla invited her and Brandon (her brother Joseph and Brandon are in the same class at school) to her birthday party this past Monday. They went to the movies to see Frozen and then to The Habit for lunch. Leave it to the big brother to photo bomb with bunny ears.


It hasn't been super eventful around our house this week (or last for that matter). It's been kind of nice to just hang out at home a lot and recoup from the holidays. The kids have been having fun playing together (for the most part anyway) and having some friends over too. We may or may not have been watching quite a bit of TV around here (wink, wink). Leah's doing Winter Academy every morning at school, and loves it. And Carter is still busy with OT and now Preschool. Me and Ashlyn made cookies together this morning, but she's spent a great deal of her time in her room creating worlds for her Lego Friends and Calico Critters and every other "tiny" toy that she has. It's one of her most favorite things to do. She's almost done with her 5th Harry Potter book and I can't wait to watch the movie with her. Paul and I have our Anniversary date this weekend and I'm super excited about that. Brandon's running around being rough and telling everyone how he's going to "punch them in the face". So pretty typical behavior for him. He's definitely all boy and then some. I'm trying to rein in it, cuz honestly it drives me crazy sometimes. Glad to be over the nasty flu from last week and looking forward to getting the kids back in school and on a routine next week. Although lazy mornings have been really nice. 


No comments: