Carter had his first Dentist appointment this morning. He was excited because usually he has to just wait around while the other kids got their teeth cleaned. But now he's a big boy and gets to join them. He did really well considering it was his first time. They were really good with him. Slow and steady and explained everything so he wouldn't freak out. He was happy as a clam….until the electric toothbrush came at his mouth. Then he freaked out. But he calmed down and even though they didn't get a super thorough cleaning, they were able to do a pretty good job, floss his teeth, "count" them, and take a few xrays. So I consider that quite successful. AND….no cavities. Best news of the day.
The girls got a clean bill of teeth health too. Brandon on the other hand is not so lucky. He has two cavities and has to go back next month. He's my hardest kid at the dentist. Has to have laughing gas to calm him enough to let them clean his teeth. And even getting him to breath it in enough to get him calm is always a challenge. But it's getting a bit easier every time, so I'm hopeful that one day I won't have to pay the extra $40 for the laughing gas, which insurance doesn't cover.
And on an unrelated note, I got flowers for a baby shower I had at my house earlier this week and decided they made a nice Valentine week center piece. So even though I bought them myself, I think it still counts! And they smell good.


2 comments:
And the balloons were so cute!! I am gonna steal that idea for Tyler's bday party I think. :)
PS --- I hate the dentist!!! ;)
Those are pretty flowers!! I am so glad Carter did so well at the dentist...it makes it SO much easier for us Moms!
And I laughed over Brandon and the pizza and cake consumption!! Tucker is the SAME way! I can't imagine what it will be like when he is a teenager. Yikes!
Post a Comment