Thursday, April 24, 2014

Brandon turned SIX!

This year for Brandon's birthday he picked three of his best buds and we went to Jump 5150. We got there at about 4:30 in the afternoon and besides one or two other families, we were the only one there. The kids had a blast and ran and jumped and played dodgeball for an hour and a half. After that we headed back to our house for pizza, presents and cupcakes. 

I think Brandon was in boy heaven!





Elijah is about one of the funniest boys you'll meet. Him and Brandon don't get to see each other very often, but when they do, they are glued at the hip and have the best time together. 


Elijah, Tyler, Brandon and Timmy


Now add in some siblings. And the party was complete.


I'm not sure Brandon knows how to make a regular face these days for the camera. I guess I'll take that over hiding from the camera, which he did for a VERY long time.




Notice the similarities between these two. They're both jokesters!




Blowing out the candles on a cupcake he didn't eat. He's not much into sweets, unless it's a donut or a bowl of ice cream. 


But his friends seemed to enjoy them and each ate at least 2 or 3. Oops! Don't tell their parents.





My mom has made each of my kids a plate for their Birthday this past year. I thought Brandon's turned out really well. I hope they'll keep them for years and years!


And this was Leah's sweet card to Brandon. She even gave him $6.00 of her own money, which is a really big deal when you are that age. I was proud of her. She was so excited to give it to him.



OH what can I say about Brandon this year. He is all boy and then some. He loves legos, swords, guns, fighting and more. He's rough and rowdy and only likes to sit still when he's watching TV or playing computer games. He really wanted a Nintendo DS for his Birthday, but since we have some kind of electronic at almost every corner of the house, I opted for legos instead. He's a really good student and does really well in school, even if he tells me he doesn't like it. He loves math and numbers, science and animals and is really catching on with his reading. He's in a picky stage with food and refuses to eat most of the things I make for him, unless it's "kid" food. But he's outgrown his flip flop and swim short wearing phase and will willingly get dressed for church and even stays in his church clothes for a little while instead of stripping naked the minute he gets home. He's a huge snuggler, particularly at night and sneaks into our bed at some point just about every night. He has a really sweet and sensitive side if you get the opporutnity to see it. And he's really good with littler kids. And of course we love him so very much. Happy Birthday bud! We love you forever!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Aw I love these pictures!!! YAY! Love all these boys.

And why does it make me a little sad that he's outgrown his flip flop and swim suit phase!!! They're all growing up.

Happy birthday Brandon.

Phillips Family said...

hahahaha this post made my morning. I love all their crazy faces!! Elijah had so much fun! Thanks for having him. Happy Birthday Brandon...we sure love that kid! And i am personally so glad he doesn't hide from the camera too...he has some AWESOME silly faces.

Phillips Family said...

and i think you and I should reenact their faces!! hahaha!

RachelAA said...

I love that plate idea - seriously so cute!!!! Such a fun little man :)

Dana said...

Great Birthday memories. Hugs to Brandon.