Mom got to hang out with us a bunch in the afternoons while she was here. It was fun to have her here. I caught this little picture through the kitchen window. I thought it was so sweet.
Ashlyn got invited to participate in the Valenica High Schools band concert last Thursday. Similar to her last Honors band concert with Elementary, Jr. High and High school students, but this time it was with the kids from the other side of our Valley. They played three songs and did a really good job!
The last song they even all played together, which was cool because Ashlyn actually got to play with a bunch of older kids instead of just along side them.
Cute picture of my mom with Leah. I think they look alike. But I guess that would make sense because I look like my mom and Leah looks like me.
I got to go to Brandon's class for his Easter Party. He seems to like me coming. And especially likes to show all of his friends how he kisses me on the lips. LOL…funny boy. I'm quite sure that won't last too much longer.
Here he is showing me the cookie he decorated (that I baked) before he chucked it in the garbage. Yet one more food that I make that he refuses to eat. Story of my life with him lately.
Then I got to go with Carter to his Preschool field trip. I missed his last one and he was rather upset. I didn't know he cared if I was there or not. So I made sure not to miss this one. And it was awesome because they gave all the adults free Menchie's Frozen Yogurt! I wasn't gonna turn that down.
On Saturday I went to a baby shower for my friend Brittany Melendez. She's having her second boy next month and is a super cute pregnant lady! Obviously it was a mustache theme. Mary and Tina went all out and made it really spectacular.
We did play some funny games, that for some reason everyone INSISTED that I participate it each one. Apparently I am normally a stick in the mud or something?!?! I don't know. But whatever. I won by the way. Even if I look like an idiot bent in half trying to get all of my tissues out of the box before Becky and Katie did.
And here's the guest of Honor. She got the coolest mustache of all!
This game was a group effort. Stacking blocks onto a plate on top of our head. I think our group won this game too. But this is me as my plate was falling off. It only had to stay up for three seconds. There were a couple of others games, which I missed since I had to come home early. But I hope Brittany had a nice time and knows how excited we are for her and her soon to be little boy!
The next day was Easter. We had a nice day at church and then a little family dinner at home, just us. We talked about the Holiday and what we are really celebrating. Easter bunnies and eggs are lots of fun, but really it's about the Savior and his miraculous Atonement, for which I am more and more grateful for every year.
We did still dye eggs though. We usually do this with some friends, but everyone's so busy lately that it didn't happen. So we did ours Sunday after church. It made for a nice afternoon activity that kept the kids busy and happy for a little while. And then I made potato salad and deviled eggs to go with our ham dinner.
Oh and the kids all got baskets from the Easter bunny and had an egg hunt in the house before church.
And he didn't forget Callie either. Even if he knows she's not too into candy.
;-)

















3 comments:
You ROCKED those games!!! And the mustache i must say ;) Love that pic of your mom and carter outside. too cute. If your mom is any indicator of how you will look when you are older...I'm jealous.
Are you kidding me - Tina took the words right out of my mouth - again. So yes, I agree, you showed them, yourocked those games!!!
Great Easter time and I love the pics of me and Leah and me and Carter. Grandkids are the best. I love them all. It was fun to be there close to Easter. It was really great to spend more time with your family.
Post a Comment