Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

Random photo I instagrammed, but thought was cute.
Playing a little Candyland with Carter. He doesn't like to lose. Like ever! So even if I win…I still lose.


Started the weekend off with a last minute double date to the Temple with these fine people. And then of course, a trip to The Cheesecake Factory. So yum! And the company is always fun.




While at the Temple, I got a text from my brother asking me to call Heather. So when I got out of the Temple,  I called him to see what was up. She was really sick he said but he was down in Torrance working. So I called her. She was DEFINTELY really sick. I talked to her a bit and then told her to drink lots of water and rest and to go to the Doctor in the morning (it was 9pm at night). I called Ty and told him how bad she sounded. Luckily he was on his way home by that point. Fast forward to 1 in the morning and I get a text from him saying he was at the ER with Heather and that she was being put in ICU. They had a sitter come over for the night but asked if I could go to his house in the morning. I of course did. Then I spent pretty much the rest of the weekend shuffling the kids back and forth between houses, trying to keep some normalcy for them, but also having some fun together. We went to the pool a couple of times with them. I took Leah back to sleep over there with me (the twins ADORE Leah) and I tried to cook some yummy treats and other things to help the boys keep their minds off worrying about their mom. Long story short….she's fine and back home after spending 4 night and 4 days in the hospital (3 of those days and nights in ICU). She had gotten dehydrated and had taken some supplements that didn't mix well with her thyroid problems that caused serious issues with her blood pressure and heart rate. Thankfully Ty got home when he did and all is well now. But you know those warnings on bottles that seem irrelevant MOST of the time….well….they're there for a reason.  

So here's some pictures from the weekend. We had plans with the Tait's to come swim and BBQ Saturday afternoon, and we didn't see any need to cancel. We just had four extra kids with us. But they're good and the boys are big helps with their sisters so it all worked out well.









It was sad to have Heather in the hospital, but it made for some fun cousin time!
These girls are adorable. And so sweet and good. I just love them.


 By Monday afternoon, Heather's Aunt had flown in to stay until no longer needed, so I was relieved of my extra four children. Paul and I took our kids out to Menchies for being such troopers all weekend and then decided to hit up Placerita for a sunset hike. We weren't there too long, but we took a nice little hike through the canyon and then went home for baths and to get ready for school the next day.




First of all, Carter is a crack up…but second of all that little Brandon can be quite the stubborn boy, but his little smile just melts my heart!


Cute Daddy/daughter photo


Me and Leah taking turns with the walking stick.




And let's be honest now, this is sometimes what it takes to even get a half way decent photo. I was cracking up at this procession. 




And then the final product still wasn't all that spectucular. Everyone was upset about the sun in their eyes.

3 comments:

RachelAA said...

Yeah for the Temple. Yeah for cousin time. Yeah for Heather going home. Yeah for an adorable fiasco for a way cute picture.

RachelAA said...

Yeah for the Temple. Yeah for cousin time. Yeah for Heather going home. Yeah for an adorable fiasco for a way cute picture.

brookeisacrazylady said...

how scary about Heather! so nice that you could do that good to have family close.