Carter's preschool teacher is so fun. She met this lady at Costco who was walking around with a pet bird. So she invited her to come talk to the preschool kids. Carter got to come even though it wasn't on his preschool day. He got to feed the bird a little piece of papaya. He was so good with it and super brave.
She also brought a water dragon for the kids to see. We got lucky and got to be the first person to pet it. It had a broken leg from an injury a few years back, so he couldn't walk too well, but Carter still thought he was pretty cool to pet.
I was trying to get a picture of Carter petting it, but it was at a weird angle. But then as I'm loading up in the car, my friend texts me some pictures she took of me and Carter. I thought that was so sweet. And fun to have a shot of us together.
After that, we headed to the park to play with some friends for an hour or two and then came home so I could start canning the 40 pound box of pears I got from a local farm. I've never canned pears before, so this was a new experience for me. But thanks to pinterest and some advice from friends, I think I did a pretty good job. Too bad the only people in my family who like pears is me and Paul. Oh well….we'll enjoy the 22 jars I canned. At least they'll last us a while after all my hard work.



1 comment:
Looks like so many fun activities! And you found a canner! Yeah!
Post a Comment