We've been pretty chill this week. Trying to recoup after all the fun of July and my sister being here and such. I was totally worn out. Spent much of Monday trying to get the house back in order (it's still not but whatever). I did spend four hours cleaning out Leah's room. Love the girl to death, but she can't keep her room clean to save her life. Stuff jammed everywhere. I'm thinking of sending her to a hoarders rehabilitation camp. LOL…just kidding. But it was pretty bad. It's all nice and cleaned out now. And best news is she can finally find all of her clothes AND they are clean AND in their proper places.
We've done a lot of swimming this week. Went to the pool twice and then to the beach today. The weather was perfect and if it wasn't for darn Friday afternoon LA traffic, it would have been a perfect day!
Leah had Gracie over for most of Thursday so she was in heaven. We've played play dough, jumped on the trampoline, played games, read books (not enough in my opinion but I tried), and watched too much TV. Feeling bittersweet about school starting in two weeks. On the one hand it'll be nice to be back in a routine and to have more time to get things done that I need to do. But on the other hand, it sure has been nice to not have to worry about homework and packing lunches and getting out the door at a certain time. I've actually gotten to sleep in this summer some for the first time in 11 years since having kids. Finally have them all old enough to where they can get up on their own and get their own breakfast. It's been heavenly!
Tomorrow we have a birthday party for a good little friend of ours. Then a Primary Activity at the Temple and a date night for me and Paul. I can't wait!
Seriously this boy cracks me up. He LOVES the water and was boogie boarding tons. But then he's cold, so he runs to the "hot sand" and rolls in it to warm up. He had sand everywhere. I'm sure we'll be fishing it out of his ears for at least a few more days.
I helped the girls make mermaid fins.
And Carter wanted to join in and be a Merman with them, so Leah happily obliged.













1 comment:
Isn't is ironic that the things that are the most fun require the most recuperation afterwards!?
Post a Comment