It was kind of hard finding something that 8 kids ranging in ages from 3 to 14 could do that was fun for everyone. After much thought we decided to take them all bowling. Well….it went pretty good for my four, but the twins lost their attention pretty quickly and then poor Heather and Ty just ended up chasing them all around the bowling alley. We made the workers quite irritated. They were way grumpy with us and didn't want to let the 3 year olds bowl in the first place, which I thought was weird being that they have "kids bowling" advertised all over the place, but whatever. We still had a fun time and then grabbed lunch at Jersey Mike's afterwards and went to Ty's house to eat it.
Then that night me and Dez got to have some one on one sister time down in Century City at a "Country concert in the city". Jamestown Revival was playing, which is my cousin's cousin's band if that makes sense. They were awesome and totally got the crowd up and dancing and having a good time. They played for about 45 minutes and then Shelby Lynne played for a good hour and a half. I had never heard her before but she's a good soulful kind of country singer with a beautiful clear voice. It was so nice and relaxing. We got our blanket all set out on the lawn, got dinner at The Stand and had a great evening. I was so glad to get to spend some time with my sissy, just me and her!
This picture was just to help us remember where we were parked, but Dez thought we might as well make it a fun shot.
My view while laying on the blanket waiting for the concert to start. I was originally going to bring the kids with me, but once we got there, I was really glad I decided not to. Only a few people had kids with them. And if they did, it was like one little kid. Besides the fact that it went pretty late and there is no way my kids would have lasted that long.
Plus it made it a much more relaxing evening for me for sure!








No comments:
Post a Comment