Okay, so I realize there are lots of awesome towns out there. And I'm really glad about that. But I'm mostly really grateful to get to live in one of them. This past weekend, Leah had her first ever baton performance at the annual "Healthy Families Festival" here in Santa Clarita. I'm not sure how long they have been doing this festival, but I'm sure glad we know about it now. There was SO much for the kids to do. And the best part was that it was ALL free. There were booths and activities and snacks and races and kayaking and bouncers and more. We came for the baton performance, but ended up staying for 4 hours. Well, Paul did with the kids anyway. I was able to make it for the baton performance and stayed for about an hour, but then I took off for a birthday celebration with my Encino Friends down at the beach.
Leah's only been doing baton for 8 weeks now, but has really loved it. So even though the routine was super simple, I was so proud of her. She worked hard and doesn't ever seem nervous to perform. We'll be signing her up for the next session for sure.
So while me and my girl friends were at the beach, we got to witness a real life rescue. Okay so the lady wasn't drowing and in a complete life threatening situation, but it was still pretty awesome to get to watch. The waves were HUGE and there was a boogie boarder who got too far out, past all the waves and was not able to get back in to shore. First we heard the lifeguard trying to whistle her in. Once the guy realized she couldn't make it on her own, two other lifeguards from neighboring stations sprung into action and were out in the water in no time. The third lifeguard, threw his walkie talkie down on the ground and then started to go out also, but once the See-doo lifeguard drove over to help, he realized he didn't need to go in. Jackie, being the nurse that she is, jumped right up and grabbed the walkie-talkie for safe keeping. I snapped a picture just for fun. Turns out that piece of equipment is quite pricey, so we're not really sure why the guy just threw it into the sand, but whatever.
We can't leave the beach without a quick photo of the five of us all together.
It was a lovely day!
And what kind of wife would I be, if I didn't give a shout out to my awesome hubby for holding down the fort while I was gone for the afternoon. He was quite the trooper for handling the kids for four hours at the Festival and for getting them all fed, bathed and off to bed. I'm a lucky lady, that's for sure.




No comments:
Post a Comment