This summer I really dove in and canned….A LOT! Well, a lot for me. I probably did 2 1/2 full flats of strawberries, 40 pounds of pears and 40 pounds of peaches. My canning supplies pretty much stayed out the entire month of August. It was time consuming, hot and tiring. But definitely rewarding and I actually really loved it. Either that, or I am just really glad to have all those yummy canned jars sitting in my cupboards.
Paul's favorite are pears.
Mine are peaches.
It's good that way. We don't have to fight over who gets the last in the jar. He he he.
All those jars and only one casualty. I call that pretty successful. I think I tried to pack it too full. Trying to fit the last of the peaches in one jar because there wasn't enough for two. Next time I'll just eat the leftovers. I guess sometimes we have to live and learn.
Now let's hope all those jars last us through at least the end of the year.







No comments:
Post a Comment