My yearly Red Velvet Cake. It's my mom's recipe and it's my favorite. I didn't appreciate it when I was a kid. A red cake seemed weird to me. Now it's my most favorite thing and I love making one each Christmas Eve.
We went To Tyler and Heather's house for dinner and cookie decorating. Heather ordered dinner from "Stone Fire" and I brought dessert and drinks. It was all delicious and the kids had fun decorating cookies. They still all get into it…even the older boys (not pictured). Santa does need his sugar cookies after all. We wouldn't want to leave him with nothing to snack on during his stop to our house.
We always try to get a picture of all the cousins together. Paul happened to just be sitting in the area and was about to smile with the kids. Then he realized he was not suppose to be in the picture. We all got a good laugh about it.
Here they are. Getting all old and everything. Can't believe our first Christmas with Ty as a married man yielded a tiny 2 month old Carter and still cooking twins.
I love that Heather is always good to remember to get all the right pictures. Love this one of me with my Dad and Brother.
Back at home the kids each opened their traditional Christmas Jammies, of which Brandon refused to wear. I don't know why I even wasted the money getting him any. He just wears his regular clothes to bed and then, voila…he's ready to go each morning.
Carter on the other hand, like his love for his new church suit, not only wanted jammies, but a robe and slippers too. He's gonna be my GQ for sure. He'll probably cost me a lot more too. lol
We read the Christmas story, said prayers and then the kids all snuggled together in Ashlyn's room, as they always do on Christmas Eve. This year, Leah wanted to make sure everyone was super comfy so she made "nests" for her and the boys. They were actually quite adorable, even if they did use every pillow and blanket we had in the house.
I love that they do this each year and hope it lasts a long time.











No comments:
Post a Comment