So, I completely loved this thing until a few nights ago. It swaddles your baby just perfectly and Brandon has loved it from the beginning. But now that he is almost three months old, I am finding it is time to not swaddle him every night. He's growing out of the blanket and it just seems too restricting to me. But here is the problem. The poor boy has never slept with his arms free. So what happens when you try to put him down with his arms free and moveable? HE WAKES BACK UP!!!! ARGH!!! It took me almost an hour to get the kid to stay asleep last night and then he woke up THREE TIMES! He's killing me. It's like starting over again with a newborn. But I gotta do it eventually right? I mean, really, he's getting too big for the thing. His legs can't completely stretch out when he's in it. Hopefully tonight will be better.
Just had to vent.
5 comments:
Oh, I remember those nights! I was in Taylor's room every 15 minutes! I am so sorry, and so glad to be done with that! Oh, and I think we are set for the shower...thank you so much for offering to help!
Ugh! I totally feel your pain! Went through the same thing with Tanner. Not fun.
That stinks! Seriously. I'm trying to think of something that would help but can't come up with anything. Have you switched to the sleep sack? He may be too big now for that one I got you??? But even then his arms will be free. I bet by Monday he will be a sleeping pro again.
Seriously...the more you tell me, the more he reminds me of Tucker!! Tucker was my first baby I ever had to "wean" from being wrapped up!! He was about 4 months old...it was very frustrating!!! I feel your pain!! Hope he gets used to it quickly!!
Amber, they come in different sizes so if you want to get a larger size. I have like 3 for Beckam and Jandi each a different size. Also I was told to slowly get them used to it but first putting out 1 arm for a week, then another arm for a week and then yoyu are home free. I did it with Jandi and it worked.
Karene
Post a Comment