Thursday, July 10, 2008

Around here lately

Ashlyn wanted to go on a picnic last Saturday, but it was just too darn hot for us, so we improvised. I think the girls still had fun. They thought it was the coolest thing to eat on a blanket in the living room.




Ashlyn's last day of Summer Camp was today. She attended twice a week for 4 weeks and came home everyday with at least 2 art projects (and sometimes as many as 4 or 5). One of her little friends from church happened to be in her camp too, so that only added to her joy. Now off to Kindergarten! Hooray!





This is what Daddy looks like as he "tries" to eat his dinner every night. At least he will NEVER doubt that his daughters love him!



And of course, our featured star. Little Brandon. He's 12 pounds 11 ounces and growing. He's smiling more and more everyday and has been a "talker" since about 6 weeks (even before I saw his first "real" smile). He seems to be a shy little guy and will often smile and then turn his head to the side in a bashful sort of fashion. He's a good little baby though. Only really cries when he's hungry or tired (although if you've seen him at church you might disagree). He loves to stare at Ashlyn (she's so sweet to him and I think he must like her red hair) and he tenses up and braces himself whenever Leah gets near (although she is learning to be more gentle).


5 comments:

Beth said...

Wow - Brandon looks so big (and like such a stud), but maybe that's b/c I'm looking at my itty bitty girl all day long.

Love all of Ashlyn's artwork. Hope to see you guys next week!

Brittany and Marcin said...

you guys have the cutest family! I can't believe how big Brandon is getting! I miss you all!

Carrie L said...

What a great idea to have an inside picnic! I might have to try that one! And I love all the art on the walls!

Rebecca said...

That Brandon is a charmer.

Karalenn Hippen said...

This was a fun update for me. I loved hearing about all that everyone is up to. I started laughing right when I saw Paul trying to eat. It's a familiar sight at our table too with daddy except it's getting harder for him now that our girls are 5 and 8. One of these days these daddy's are gonna have-ta get tough with these girlies. :)