Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beach Day in San Diego

Yesterday we went down to San Diego to visit Paul's brother, Steve, and his wife Soul (who is adorably pregnant with our kids FIRST cousin on that side of the family. VERY exciting stuff). Anyway, we had a great time. The drive went pretty well and we made good time. We hung out at their beautiful HUGE, new home for a while and then thought we'd hit the beach. The whole way down to San Diego, Ashlyn kept saying she WAS NOT going to get in the ocean. But then, Uncle Steve brought out the Dora Boogy Board he had gotten for her, and you would have thought she was a different person. She was so excited and so brave. She went right out into the water, without batting an eye and had a great time catching some waves. Lucky for us, the waves were small. Brandon, of course had a great time playing in the sand. And I was VERY glad I remembered to bring the sand toys because he stayed right by me most of the time and made a big mess. Leah had lots of fun too, but she definitely had a shorter fuze for the beach and was ready to go after only an hour. So she spent most of the time sitting by me all wrapped up in a towel. After the beach, we headed back to Steve and Soul's house, cleaned the kids up (they were a MESS as you can see), had a yummy BBQ dinner, and played in the backyard. Thanks Steve and Soul, for having us. We had a great time!









This is a side note picture. Anyone who can accurately identify this fruit gets a special prize. Don't know what, but you get something. Since my two little apples were stolen off my tree, I have turned my attention to figuring out what these little things are. I cut one open. They have what looks like, the beginnings of a pit. I'm thinking they still have a ways to go before being ripe, so they must be a Fall fruit. Any ideas? We have two trees full of them and I'm crossing my fingers that whatever they are, they are yummy.

8 comments:

Marci said...

I love beach days!
I'd wait to get your brows done right before you leave. A couple of days before you go would be perfect. Give me a call. 661-993-8667

Jenn said...

What a fun day! I love the beach. What do those things taste like? I've never seen them before. I'll ask Jeff what he thinks since he used to be a produce manager in his past life.

Amber said...

Jenn- I didn't taste it. It's WAY under ripe. They're funny looking things though huh? I was hoping you'd know since you figured out my apple tree.

Brittany and Marcin said...

How fun!! Ashlyn looks so dirty and sandy and I love it! They have a seriously nice uncle getting her that boogy board. I can't wait to see you guys in less than a month!!!!

RachelAA said...

Ahhh I would SO want that sand off of me :)

liz said...

hmmm...maybe some sort of plum? We have tons of plums and there are large italian ones, that kind of look like that. If it makes you feel any better, we bought a "peach tree" that turned out to grow nectarines. Mystery fruit makes life fun.

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Fun trip!! I can't wait to see y'all in a few weeks!!! Cali is going to be in heaven playing with her cousins. She gets too bored with me:)

Oh...and I can't wait to get pictures of them in their ADORABLE outfits! SO excited for that!!

Dana said...

What a fun time you all had at the beach. Steve is a great Uncle. No picture of Sol?

Is the fruit a nectarine? I have no idea?

love ya, mom