You've seen the cake, now here is the story.
Ashlyn has been DYING to have her Hello Kitty Pajama Party all summer long. It's a LONG summer when your birthday is at the end of it. But she was good and when the day finally arrived, she was so excited, she could hardly contain herself. We had had a big party last year, so I told her she could invite two friends to a pajama party and we would play games, do crafts and watch a cartoon. She picked two friends from her Daisy Scouts group, Grace and Mailey. The girls all had a blast together. They ate pizza, had cake and ice cream, colored pictures and even put on a rather good performance complete with tickets for me, Daddy and Brandon. It was TOO cute. And of course, no pajama party is complete without a movie. A Hello Kitty movie of course. We blew up the air mattress and the girls all cozied up on it with some popcorn and blankets. We hardly heard a peep from them for the length of the whole movie, which was only 50 minutes, but still.
For some reason, Ashlyn got it in her head that she wanted to do a potato sack race at her birthday party. So funny huh! But it was her birthday, so a potato sack race we had. After going up and down the length of the living room a few times, she was happy and ready to move onto something else. Ah...the simple things in life.
Making the candy necklace crafts. I thought the girls would be able to do more of this themselves, but it turned out that Paul and I mostly did it for them while they watched and told us what order they wanted their treats in. Oh well, I think the girls still felt like "they" made them.
Displaying their necklaces. Cute girls huh? It was totally by chance that my girls and Grace had the same jammies. I felt bad for Mailey that she was the only one in different ones. Fortunately, she didn't seem to care. She said Snow White was her favorite, anyway.
Paul has a few magic tricks that never seem to get old with our girls. So when they asked him to do them for Grace and Mailey, he couldn't say no. I loved watching their faces as he "amazed" them with his magic skills.
And here it is. In all it's glory. The most coveted birthday gift of all time. A sparkley pink "jewelry" box (as Ashlyn calls it). It's really just a cheap $10.00 nail "caboodle" box from Target, but Ashlyn has had her eye on it for MONTHS and was seriously SO excited to receive it from Leah for her birthday. It made the snow cone machine that we got her, look like a tin can. No, just kidding. She loved that too. But the "jewelry" box, now that's a special gift. It goes just about everywhere with her and holds all of her most precious "treasures". Boy do I love this girl. She's so stinking cute!
Chowing on some popcorn and watching their movie.
Brandon was such a good helper when it was time to clean up. He carried that bag of trash all the way out to the bins outside.
10 comments:
How fun and what a cute idea.
Hey AM,
You are such a good mom.
HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY ASHLYN
I LOVE YOU
POP
what an awesome idea for a party!!! Ashlyn is lucky to have you as a mom :)
You had SO many cute ideas for this party - too fun! And the race is hilarious! Well done mom!
What a fun party! And tell Ashlyn I love her new jewelry box :)!!! I miss you guys. I don't think I can wait for everyone to get here for one more second!!
What a fun birthday party!! I just love how girlie Ashlyn is. I cant wait for yall to get here! Only 2 more weeks.
That is amazing. I did not know there were so many different shades of pink. What a great party idea for a little girl!
Darling party! I was so in love with Hello Kitty when I was a girl, I would have loved a party like this! Good job!
cute stuff. isn't it CRAZY that our girls are getting interested in "big girl" stuff like pajama parties! wow!
Children are so wonderful. mom
Post a Comment