I have always thought making jewelry looked like a lot of fun, but I never knew where to get started. My mother in law came out to visit us when Paul got called to the Bishopric and had this really pretty bracelet on. I commented on how much I liked it and she told me she made it. Immediately I knew she had to teach me. So when we were out in Nauvoo a couple of weeks ago, we headed over to Hobby Lobby (the midwest's version of Michael's) where I hit the jackpot. All of their jewelry making beads and accessories were on sale. Most at 50% off. Needless to say, I stocked up and then went back to their house and got to work. I made these few items while I was there. Since coming home, I have made nothing. But I will. Time is a little harder to come by when Grammy and PopPop aren't around. But I'm excited to have a bunch of stuff and to get better at this little craft.
12 comments:
Yay for jewelry making! Yours look more creative than mine. Kept it up!
Wow! Love the purple ones wanna make me some? You could definitely sell them if you ever so desired (not that you need to add anything else to your already busy plate.)
Ooooo - I really love the bottom ones. Very fun. I thought it would be fun to make baby girl jewelry, too. I love those tiny bracelets Audrey had.
SUPER CUTE! I've always wanted to make sparkly things but another hobby....
good job lady! That is definitely a hobby I plan to start soon! Yours look awesome!
How fun! You could sell those and make some money!
love it.
What a fun thing to do! Jewelry is so "in" now days so keep it up! Wish I knew how.
Yeah!! I am jealous - how fun :) You should have bought much much more, enough to share! No but seriously, we have to have a night of this once Michalle is up to it!
Wow! They look great. You are instantly talented. You could sell them and give them as gifts. I like them! Take time to do this and have fun. Any chance you will get back into making cards, too? I thought you were good at that too.
love, mom
When I come and visit you, I'll have to bring up my stuff so we can have a jewelry making night:) Isn't it the greatest when you luck out and find that the stuff you are buying is 50% off. Lucky you!!!
so. i just love this jewlery and i love hobby lobby. never heard of it till i moved to texas. but hey...there's a michael's here too you know. just so you don't think the wests stores can't come out this way. he-he.
Post a Comment