Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beach Day in Santa Barbara

A few weekends ago we headed out to Santa Barbara for the day to have a little birthday get together for Leah, with my Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt knew of this really cute little park right by the beach. We hung out and had hamburgers, played at the playground, and then walked down to the beach to play in the sand a bit. It was a gorgeous day and the kids all had a great time. We'll definitely be heading out there more this summer, to escape the heat of our Valley.





We had Ashlyn's best friend Grace come along with us. They had a great time running around together and being silly.



Don't really know what Jim is doing right here. He just plopped face down in the sand and laid there for a while. Probably just relaxing for a bit.


Brandon plopped himself right down too. And got busy playing in the sand with his new toys from Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Jim. He didn't much care to look up at me so I could get his picture. He was concentrating.





Jim dug a big hole in the sand and Ashlyn let him bury her legs.


Only thing was, she had a hard time getting back out.


Grace had to have a turn too.


Which meant we couldn't leave Leah out.


And to prove Paul was indeed there, here is a rather pathetic family photo taken with my camera phone, since my Aunt's camera battery died half way through the day and I forgot mine.


5 comments:

Camille said...

I've been there!! We will have to go together sometime! And I love that last picture of all of you guys, show's all of your personalities!!!

Sydney said...

Your family is so cute!!! What a fun get together! I cant wait to see you guys at Ty's wedding. That is going to be a blast!!

RachelAA said...

You look adorable! Man, I wish this place was in my neighborhood!!!

tphillips said...

The weather looks gorgeous!!!!! And I sooo can't wait to go to the beach...how fun!!!!

Dana said...

What a fun day. I miss everything. mom