Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Before and After

My Family left today and I already miss them, especially my sister who I did not get to see as much as I wanted. Next time I'm making her stay with me even if she has to sleep on an air mattress instead of a bed (like she had at my brother's house). I have lots to blog about, but right now I am MOST excited about this. Heather, Desiree and Beth helped me redo my playroom. Or rather DO my playroom, since it is the only room in the house we have done nothing with since moving in. Ironic that it's the room I'm in the most.

Here are some before shots. There are paint swatches up on the wall, but we didn't end up using those exact colors. 




In progress. Let me tell you, these girls wasted NO time. I've never seen Heather work so fast. And she is good. Didn't have to tape at all. She did ALL the trim work and it's PERFECT!


AFTER! Ok, so I know the lighting isn't great in this shot, but it's night time now and I'm too excited about it to wait till morning to take more pictures.


A nice big family photo on canvas is going to go in that spot in the middle. We just haven't had it printed yet. Isn't that a beautiful chair though? I LOVE it!


And yes, I know the green chair doesn't match anymore. But I love that chair and I can't get rid of it. I'm going to try and find a slip cover for it or something.


And NO, I did not make my family do this while they were here on vacation. They LIKE it. In fact when I told Heather I didn't want to paint yesterday and make everyone work to redo my room, she was all disappointed. Then she came over in her paint clothes anyway and started working. She loves redecorating. And she's really good at it. So is my sister and Beth. I would have never picked out such fun stuff without them! 

Oh and I'm going to get a new rug too. But like I said, I was just too excited to wait to post pictures! I'll have to post a final "after" picture when it's really all done.

2 comments:

tphillips said...

Wow! Totally love it! Good job ladies!

RachelAA said...

I am obsesses with make-overs, I totally would have been disappointed as well. And how cool to look at this "family" room and know all the love that went into it. So fun. Where are you getting a rug? I need one for every room in this house.