Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Last Hoorah...for now that is

Renee goes back home to UT on Monday, so tonight was our last hoorah. It ended up just being four of us. Brooke got sick and Jackie is on a fabulous trip with the hubby to Mexico (lucky girl). We wanted to head to "our" restaurant. The Cheesecake Factory at the Sherman Oaks Galleria. But were sufficiently scared of getting on the freeways because of the whole "carmaggedon" scare with the 405 freeway being closed from the 101 to the 10 this weekend. So we decided to try and bypass that area as much as possible and meet up in Porter Ranch. I'm the only one who actually had to get on the 405. Seriously, it was like a dream. I've never had so few cars around me on a freeway in LA. I drove 17 miles in 15 minutes. 

It was a great dinner. We just hung out and chatted. Nothing amazing. But it was just like old times. We miss you Renee. So glad you could come down for a visit! We hope to see you again sometime soon-ish.


Group shot, with a comment:

Okay, so I really do like being tall. I've never wished to be short (maybe just wished to have smaller feet).  But sometimes, I'm like REALLY??....do I always have to tower over all my friends? Especially when those friends are so skinny. I mean seriously, would you even think Beth is like 6 months pregnant here. Yeah, me neither.


3 comments:

Beth said...

It was so great to see you girls. You do look really tall in that photo! Like you're a foot taller than the rest of us. That's funny... must be the angle. I always wished I were taller, so I guess that's always how it goes. ;)

Renee said...

It must be the angle. Love this picture though. This trip wouldn't have been the same if I didnt get to spend time with my girls. So glad we got together. xo

casey.chelsea.cali said...

Seems like you have such great friends. You are always doing fun girl nights or activities w them. Fun!