Thursday, August 4, 2011

Daily Bread

I think this is my new way of accumulating food storage. Freeze dried meals ready to go. Just add boiling water. I sampled a few different companies and liked this companies food the best. It's called "Daily Bread". Pictured below is a 6 month supply (2 meals a day) for 2 adults and 3 kids. I figure with 2 adults and 4 kids at three meals a day, we could make it last 3-4 months. That along with all the random other food storage we have around the house, I think we could last close to 6 months if we had to. Now I just need to get some good powdered drinks (milk and juice, which this company also sells) and I think I'll be good till next year when I make another big purchase. Then hopefully I won't have to think too much about it for 20+ years. Hopefully!

Click on the link HERE, if you'd like to try a sample yourself. Just type in your info and they'll email you to verify, and then send you out a sample.  Plus they seem to always have bonuses for ordering. I got 2 free 1/2 month supplies with my order. Not bad. 

My only complaint is that the boxes are suppose to fit under my bed, which they don't. They are just a couple inches too tall, but I have seen those "bed lifts" that you can get at Bed, Bath and Beyond that raise your bed up a bit. I might have to try those. Either that, or rearrange some closets to make space.

Oh and they even swapped out one of the breakfast items that I didn't want for another item. So they do allow for substitutions. They charged me $30.00 for it, but hey if no one in your family eats strawberry creamed wheat, than it's worth it to pay the $30 bucks to swap out for something everyone will eat. That's the way I felt anyway.

Now hopefully the rest of the food is as good as the sample I had! 

2 comments:

RachelAA said...

I love gaining new knowledge that someone else researched :) Sounds great!

Jamie said...

That's my kind of food storage! We are buying that stuff soon. I can't do the traditional way...too complicated and time consuming!